conneeawog

Monday, November 06, 2006

MS Jan & MS Deb - 2 Lifelong Friends

Connee, Deb & Jan
at Deb's wedding



I think it would be very hard to write your autobiography. You just get part of it written and you realize you have left out some very important parts.

After graduating from High School, my parents moved to the boothill of Missouri. I only lived there with them for about 8 months. I was working at the Hospital there and got acquanted with two very special ladies that I eventually moved to Memphis with. One was a nurse and one worked on the floor with me.

We moved into midtown in an apartment that was in an old home that was turned into 4 apartments - 2 downstairs and 2 upstairs. Since I am quite a gregarious person, after a short time of seeing a lady who lived in the downstairs apartment, I knocked on the door and introduced myself. She graciously invited us in and as we got acquainted realized that we had a lot in common even tho she was born and raised in MS and I was all over the place growing up. We both were raised in Christian homes and loved Southern Gospel Music. She introduced us to the Quartet singings in the 4 state area and for 10 years never missed a Convention in October while it was in Memphis. Over the next 40 years we have formed a friendship that will last forever. A few years after we became friends another girl moved into the apartment building where I lived and we just took her under our wings and she has finished out a 30 year friendship that has covered many ups and downs, marriages and deaths. They were both there when I lost Bill and I can't tell them ever what they mean to me. I get to Memphis every chance I get. Ms Jan is a wonderful cook and hostess and has even hosted a large group of ladies from my church here in St Louis in her home for lunch, such a spread, they still talk about it and just the other day one said we really must get back to visit with your lovely friend. Ms Deb is an accomplished hairdresser and worked for many years for a well known company.

This is a friendship that instead of breaking up when I married and they married, we just incorporated the guys into our close knit family.

Thanks girls for a beautiful 40 years of being my best friends.

gg

6 Comments:

Blogger JB said...

I retyped a couple of things and moved it to your post page. Hope this was what you wanted. Let me know and if there is an error, we can edit it. When you get the photo of Deb and Jan I will add it. OK? I don't have any of them or I would put it on for you. Love ya, JB

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was beautiful!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Whoops, that anonymous was me!

9:10 AM  
Blogger JB said...

Connee, Did you read the reply from Jack in his blog on the Memphis BBQ? He is doing a GREAT job on his blog. Love ya, JB

6:16 AM  
Blogger JB said...

Jack's Blog is:

www.whitetailtrophiesofmissouri.blogspot.com

2:51 PM  
Blogger JB said...

I sure think Jan and Deb are sweet ladies. I sure would like to see them again. Never will forget the wonderful hospitality of Jan that time we all were going to FL and we stayed at her house and she served us such a wonderful meal. She is the best. Love to both of them and you too, Connee.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home