All about Connee
I am 64 with a birthday coming up in March (I do so wish those people would stop sending me Medicare advertisements) and I live in the midwest. My Mother Evelyn has lived with me since almost dying in December. She is on Hospice and I am not able to travel like I used to, but she is doing much better and we Thank The Lord for that.
I work for a local company as a transporter of special needs children taking them to their special schools each day. I drive for 2 hours in the morning & 2 hours in the afternoon. After work, I go to my Sister, Debi's, and we do pilates 3 to 4 days a week. Debi and her husband Ron also both drive for the same company I do and that leaves them the weekends to minister at churches in the area. I have 2 autistic boys and this Sat the 14th I am going with Debi & her grandsons, Jac and Ethan & we are participating in a walk for autism for Alex's team, Answers for Alex. We are also taking donations. This is a 1 1/2 mile walk and they have all kinds of activities for the kids that morning in Forest Park.
I am attending an A/G church nearby where my nephew, Lindy is senior Pastor. Lindy and his wife Robin have 3 boys and my niece, Ronnin and her husband Joe have 1 son. Cayla who is our 6 1/2 month baby, our miracle, was married a year ago in July to Brandon and both are attending Southeast Bible College in Lakeland Fl. We just had a Untame My Heart worship conference with Jessie Rogers, who has the Untame My Heart CD and it was a great weekend. The first of many more. I have several friends of many years who also attend there and we are all involved in the intercessory prayer ministry of the church.
I have 2 step children and 5 grandchildren and 11 great grand children. One of our great granddaughters passed away in 2004 with Osteogenesis Imperfecta (Brittle Bone Disease). She only lived 3 days. My stepdaughter, Janet has a Blog and I am getting many up to date pictures of our beautiful grandchildren. Melissa has 4 and Daniel has 2. Sean has 1, Lisa has 2 and Erika has 2. I am very Blessed! I also have grand nephews that live here and I get to babysit with and enjoy. If I ever get a digital camera I will put on pictures of them all.
For 10 years I lived and worked in the Branson area and enjoy visiting there and with my family in the Springfield area. This past September would have been my 29th wedding anniversary. I was married in l977 to William (Bill) of Springfield and had 16 wonderful years before losing him to cancer in 1994. We were blessed to be able to go to Hawaii for our honeymoon, which we took our Son and Daughter- in-law who were celebrating their anniversary and the fact they never had a honeymoon. We had a wonderful 10 days visiting 4 islands. We then spent another 2 weeks in CA visiting with Bill's Sisters and their families. I think that was a blessing because I waited until I was 35 to get married. For the last 5 years of his life, Bill got to work and live each summer on Table Rock lake as we worked for the Corp of Engineers as host and maintenence. He was able to fish anytime he wanted and enjoy the lake, something he had always enjoyed. Family and friends were constantly visiting and we had many fish frys and visits to Branson, as we had access to free shows due to working for the Corp.
I have had a Blessed life and have the Lord to Thank. He has been so good to me and my family.
Hopefully I will have more to tell and pictures to share over the next few weeks and months.
Connee (gg)



6 Comments:
Connee, YOU DID A GREAT JOB on posting this first one but I changed some of your information. You were giving WAY too much info about yourself. ALSO DON'T use last names. You don't want to make yourself or your family vulnerable. You have to be VERY careful. I took out last names and some things I rewrote so just ANYONE wouldn't be able to track you if they wanted to for whatever reason. OK? Hope you like the photo. Love you, JB
I will talk to Bethy about getting you a photo on your web page. I don't know for sure how to do it. It shouldn't be that complicated though. I will let you know. Love, JB
I sure miss BIll and my Granny...they were such a hoot together! He always wondered how the "boys" were doing...of course, my sister and I were girls..but, it got us going..just like he wanted it to!
Connee glad Janet gave us your info of your blog. I will check often. Bill was a wonderful uncle and I miss him and Mom. Great Blog.
Karen Smith
I enjoyed reading your life! It is amazing how much we have to be thankful for. I guess we don't count our blessings often enougj. Seeing it in writing just does something for you.
Love ya loads,
Sissy
Hi Connee, Thanks for all of the wonderful memories that we have of the years of you being a part of our family. Even though we are far apart, you are still Aunt Connee and always will be. Lord willing, we are hoping to be back in the Midwest for the family reunion next year and hopefully we can get together with you. We love you.
Post a Comment
<< Home