conneeawog

Saturday, September 25, 2010

My Journey to a Healthy me

Over the past 50 years I have struggled with my weight. I became a yo yo dieter, losing and gaining. I had just accepted that I would always have a weight problem and that I could not change it. I even had a "you are just like your Aunt" running in my head. Since moving to St Louis I have not made much of an effort to lose, just becoming used to being heavy. Not wanting to admit that I was obese. My legs, knees and feet were always hurting. After having a short stay in the hospital I went to a Bone Specialist because I was having difficulty walking and could not go up and down stairs normally. He told me, after viewing my Xrays, that I did need a knee replacement but he would not do surgery until I lost 20 or more pounds because I would just ruin my new knee. Needless to say, even that did not get thru to me, that was over a year ago and I was still the same if not heavier.

My walking was getting worse, I walked like a 90 year old woman. But I was at my wits end with how I felt and how I looked. I had trouble with the most basic personal care and dressing. I had to sit down to put on anything that I had to put my feet into. I was ready and didn't really realize it until one night at Intercessory Prayer, I noticed a friend there and suddenly I realized that she had lost a tremendous amount of weight. After prayer, I cornered her and ask if she had lost weight. She said she had lost 50 pounds, I wouldn't let her go until she told me what she was doing to lose the weight.

That was the first time I ever heard about the HCG Protocol, and it has been around for 50 years. I guess I wasn't ready until now. She told me about it and told me where to get it.
I went that very week and bought my first protocol and started that weekend. That was June 24, 2010 and as of to September 24, 2010 I am down 31 pounds and 24 1/2 inches after 40 days of Protocol and 6 weeks maintenance. I started my 2nd Protocol on September 23, 2010 and I am looking forward to seeing how much I am going to lose on this go round.

I am walking better and feeling so much better. I feel healthier and I think you can even tell I am losing because on this program you lose inches in a major way as well as pounds. The main thing I appreciate about this program is that you MUST go on a 6 week maintenance with no HCG before you can begin another Protocol and Nancy, my friend told me after the 2nd protocol you have to do a 8 week maintenance. You are learning a new way to eat, think and live, you know, EATING TO LIVE NOT LIVING TO EAT the way I was doing.

Well I couldn't sleep so I got up to write this. I will keep you posted on how I am doing and maybe put some pictures on so you can see how I am doing. If you know me you know how big I got so hopefully you will be praying that this will be lifetime change.

Blessings on You
connee

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was great, Connee. I love you, Janet

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was great, Connee. I love you, Janet

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home